Skip to main content
HomeLatest News

LATEST NEWS

Former Navy SEAL and FBI Special Agent: Terror tactics are advancing faster than police tactics
The recent attack in Las Vegas once again demonstrated how vulnerable special events actually are and how little police tactics have advanced to mitigate potential threats.  Also, the attack displayed our citizenry’s continuing unawareness of the possibility they could be caught up in a violent attack anywhere large crowds gather.  Like the Boston Bombing in 2013, the Vegas attack was carried out on an open-air location that does not have the benefit of a controlled space surrounded by stadium walls that protect the patrons from an outside attack.

Like the Vegas attack, the tragic outcomes of most large domestic attacks that have occurred in the U.S. could have been mitigated using military defensive tactics in and around special events and populated areas.  Likewise, with just a little effort, most people could have dramatically improved their survival rate by increasing their awareness before attending.  Utilizing the same information as the bad guys, the patrons themselves could have made educated predictions of where, when and how an attacker may strike.

Read More Here
House approves $36.5 billion disaster aid bill

The House of Representatives approved Thursday a $36.5 billion disaster aid package to help victims struggling to recover from a string of devastating hurricanes and wildfires.

The bill passed ‎353-69. The measure heads to the Senate, which returns from a weeklong recess next week.
While the Trump administration requested $29 billion in supplemental spending last week, it asked for additional resources Tuesday night, including $4.9 billion to specifically to fund a loan program that Puerto Rico can use to address basic functions like infrastructure needs. 

Read More Here
AP News Emergency alerts draw complaints in fast-moving wildfires
The story is repeated again and again: The dead of night, no warning, then panic after realizing the smoke and flames were approaching.

Fleeing residents from across Northern California wine country, where at least 31 people have died in wildfires that started Sunday, complained Thursday that they had no notice from authorities that the blazes were closing in, or the warnings arrived too late.

In Sonoma County, officials used phone calls and other systems in an attempt to alert residents but also decided against using what’s known as a wireless emergency alert, a widespread message sent to cellphones in the region, sometimes compared to an Amber Alert for missing children.

Read More Here
Fox News California wildfires kill at least 31, deadliest week for fires in state history
The raging, out-of-control wildfires across Northern California have now killed at least 31 people, marking the deadliest week of wildfires in state history, officials said late Thursday.

Sonoma County Sheriff Robert Giordano said Thursday night that two more people have been confirmed dead there. That raises the statewide death total from 29 to 31. While no one fire currently burning has killed that many, collectively this is the deadliest series of simultaneous fires in the state since records have been kept.

Read More Here